Internal Posting for “Santa Clara Employees Only”
The FTO provides Pre-hospital care staff with the support, information education and training necessary to provide high-quality Pre-hospital and inter-facility care. Field Training Officers must posses the ability to perform thorough employee evaluations. Field Training Officers are able to quickly and efficiently communicate solutions for improvement to employees in the evaluation/remediation process. Field Training Officers act as a resource to all field and management staff that has clinical, policy, or protocol questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make recommendations to the Clinical Education Manager to improve various aspects of the training and QA/QI programs (This may include changes in specific study materials, technology, and standard operating policies, procedures, education and training
- Communicate company goals and standards of excellence through exemplary daily job performance, attitude, initiative, and demeanor
- Provide exemplary patient care and customer service
- Reinforce and uphold the goals and objectives of the new employee orientation program
- Identify, evaluate and/or remediate individuals who are not meeting and exceeding AMR performance standards
- Conduct field training, education, evaluation and remediation of new and continuing employees
- Provide classroom instruction in a variety of pre-hospital care related subjects
- Help transitional employees to define basic skills and functions
- Act as an educational resource for field employees and management
- Facilitate the smooth transition for new-hire employees as well as continuing employees with expanding and/or changing job responsibilities
- Identify risk components and take the appropriate action
- Provide detailed paperwork on all activities
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol
- Provide detailed paperwork on all activities to the appropriate management staff
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given and to show compassion
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed
- Drive the ambulance or provide map-reading support to minimize call response time
- Current on certifications
- Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience: Must have experience working with Santa Clara Operations.