Job Title: Supervisor Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work with the Manager of Operations to ensure that all Field Supervisors, Support Services Department, Field Personnel, vehicles and equipment operate in an efficient and effective manner. Educate, comply and enforce company policies and procedures. Make managerial decisions affecting the positive outcome of the company’s operations and take appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve issues/inquiries from field personnel regarding work assignments, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Respond on an ambulance as part of the EMS system to meet compliance standards and provide quality care.
- Develop coordinated teamwork between field crews as part of an integrated operation – clinical performance plan.
- Investigate and resolve incoming customer service inquiries from fire departments, hospitals, nursing staff, and patients pertaining to field employee performance and patient care.
- Approve or disapprove shift exchanges when proper notice of request has been given after normal business hours and forward the changes to the scheduling coordinator.
- Coordinate MedicWest Ambulance’s EMS system availability of ambulances during disaster situations or MCI incidents and assist as directed by the incident commander.
- Respond as necessary to Haz-Mat calls, calls involving unusual circumstances, or calls with more than two units responding.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts that may occur during shifts to ensure continuation of the highest level of service and forward those changes to the scheduler.
- Maintain knowledge of all company policies and regulations ensuring consistency in interpretation of such when dealing with employees and the general public.
- Maintain knowledge of current Southern Nevada Health District EMS Protocols and Regulations that govern the Southern Nevada EMS system.
- Maintain an “open door” policy to field employees and encourage crewmembers to discuss any issues, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Participate with new employee orientation.
- Coordinate with the field training officers and clinical manager to identify clinical opportunities for improvement, and provide follow-up as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between field personnel, Manager of Operations, and the General Manager.
- Meet with each Supervisor to schedule platoon meetings quarterly, with their crews while off duty at a designated restaurant. Provide a list of topics and meeting minutes for crew follow-up.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, resolving daily issues that may arise. Support and encourage field personnel, ensuring the standards of MedicWest Ambulance are carried out in the field.
- Oversee the Operations Supervisors and maintain continued training in administrative duties and daily operations.
- Assist in the oversight of Support Services and Dispatch.
- Oversee Investigations and Employee Performance issues.
Oversee employee uniform accounts.
Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent, Paramedic Certification
Minimum of three years supervisory experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective oral and written communication skills, Strong reasoning skills