Job Title: Mechanic Intermediate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on AMR vehicles assigned. This is a second level position requires 2 years on the job experience as an automotive or truck mechanic experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline vehicles as per policies and procedures.
• Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
• Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
• Assists other Mechanics as needed.
• Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
• Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
• Uses maintenance data base to document all completed tasks / job assignments.
• Attend all mandatory Fleet training.
• Performs all other duties as requested by Shop foreman or shop lead mechanic.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
• Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion.
• Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
• Maintain safe and clean work area.
• Paperwork complete and neat.
• Accurately account for all parts and materials.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must have a High school diploma, or equivalent education.
• 2 years verifiable Line Mechanic or Mechanic Helper / Associate experience.
• 2 ASE Certifications (Truck or Automotive series). Preferably Brake and Steering / Suspension.
• MACS AC Certification or equivalent ASE Certification.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
• Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals.
• Ability to perform the essential job functions.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Basic automotive knowledge and skills necessary to perform maintenance and repairs on company vehicles.
• Must have a full set of personal tools.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled