Title: Supervisor of Quality Assurance
Entity: American Medical Response West
Job Location: Monterey County
Job Status: Exempt
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the Dispatch Supervisor is
responsible for monitoring the activities of various shifts within the Communications Center. The
activities include scheduling, SSM, and adherence to OGL's.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilizes sophisticated system status management computer system which monitors, updates, and controls the location and movement of units
• Receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly ascertains proper levels of response, allocates resources to match dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the CAD system
• Dispatches and maintains radio communications with wheelchair, BLS, CCT, and ALS units
• Monitors and documents response times of units
• Utilizes and maintains professional communications skills with all employees and customers
including patients, facilities and public service agencies
• Completes and submits daily status reports regarding unusual incidents to Communications
• Monitors system performance and communicates system demands to field employees
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Assists in the collection of data for patient billing purposes
• Responsible for Adhering to all company policies and procedures
• Responsible in using case evaluation record, or AQUA for case reviews for quality improvement
• Conduct random case review per the standards set by local LEMSA and NAEMD
• Responsible for the organization, filling, and appropriate distribution of all quality improvement
data, findings, and recommendations
• Coordinates emergency dispatch projects, research, and studies by organizing, retrieving, and
filling caser review data
• Assist in dispatcher training and continuing dispatch education
• Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of
every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the
responsibility of every computer user to:
•Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
•Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
•Report information systems security problems
•Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitor waiting and active calls
• Provide proactive and on-line support for trouble shooting of equipment problems
• Assist in modifying calls or SSM plans to meet contract response requirements
• Ensure that OGLs are understood and followed
• Resolve immediate problems in the worksite
• Participate on accumulation of QI data
• Investigate incidents and complaints
• Assist in training and continuing education
• Maintain certification in all areas of Center
• Responsible and accountable for daily compliance of shift to performance standards
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable, counsel and provide
disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach
with positive results
• Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and credibility when interacting with dispatchers
• Assist in driving performance management
• Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action / equal opportunity and
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 18 years of age.
At least one year of prior work experience within a high profile EMS system.
CAD and data entry experience with typing speed of at least 35 wpm required.
Current CPR and First Aid certification or prior Paramedic or Emergency
Medical Technician certification and experience preferred.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge of Counties geography.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors. Emergency Medical Dispatch
Certificate or previous dispatch experience preferred.
Occasionally: Touching, walking outside, typing 35 wpm.
Frequently: Walking inside, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and bending.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting, seeing.
Occasionally: Complex reading and writing, memorization, high math skills.
Frequently: Simple reading and writing, problem solving, judgment, reasoning,
Constantly: Analyzing, perception/computation, complex math skills.
Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Frequently: Intense tasks.
Occasionally: Facsimile, telephone, autodialer.
Frequently: Copy machine.
Constantly: Computer/typewriter, keyboard, calculator, stapler, 3 hole punch, stamping, sharpener.
Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
Frequently: Works alone, face-to-face contact with others.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled