Responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Basic Life Support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state Department of Health Standards.
- Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
- Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
- Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
- Operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
- Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accurately map to a designation.
- Practice within your certification skill set.
- Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies.
- Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Supplies, Medicare Signature Forms, and PCS forms)
- Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Maintain knowledge about job and medical field.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Current Arizona EMT certification.
- Current CPR certification card (AHA)
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, climb.
Occasionally: Work at heights.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying up to 150lbs
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Constantly: Ambulance, company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Inside for Special Events
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 d