Job Title: Coordinator Community Education
Reports To: Regional Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Stanislaus County (Modesto)
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates and helps develop, prioritize and manage community relations, visitor relations, community programing, and outreach activities for AMR in an effort to achieve strategic, administrative, community objectives with regard to managing and enhancing the positive reputation of AMR within the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Operations and CES in coordinating and implementing community outreach education programs and injury prevention programs throughout AMR service areas.
- Builds and maintains relationships with individuals and organizations that can support AMR goals.
- Support day-to-day community outreach and education programs throughout the County, including PR and social media needs.
- Provides oversight to community-facing AMR crews and community health education programs, ensuring contract compliance for the communities AMR serves.
- Assist with community relations, PR and social media needs.
- Assists in developing and supporting AMR community relations activities throughout the County.
- Participate/plan/coordinate community events and/or AMR’s participation in events, such as, health fairs, safety fairs, displays and exhibits;
- Respond to requests for participation at community events
- Schedule and deliver presentations; and
- Create and promote targeted health education programs, including injury and illness prevention campaigns.
- Create educational and promotional materials and presentations (flyers, Power Point, etc.)
- Promote community education events externally and internally and maintain community events calendar.
- Maintain accurate records of community education activities and assist with preparing annual reporting documentation to demonstrate contract compliance.
- Participate in RFP processes and proposal writing as needed
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- EMT or Paramedic Certification. HS Diploma required. CPR Instructor Certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience, implementing community outreach programs, organizing events, coordinating volunteers, developing strategies for community building, program development, delivering presentations to community groups, and stakeholder management;
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve and represent AMR in the community.
- Experience creating quality social media content and day- to-day PR tactics. Gathering of photo images, and delivering presentations to community groups, businesses and non-profits.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Healthcare experience
- Teaching or presenting experience and prior community education experience.
- Prior Public Relations