Support the Wood River Refinery’s emergency response and security operations department providing superior administrative support and overseeing department office logistics. Assist with services such as Front Office, Human Resources and Accounting Services. This position may have direct contact with all refinery departments.
- Answer multiple telephone lines, direct calls to the correct department/person, provides information regarding the company and our services.
- Greets all management staff guests and manages their activities while on site.
- Assist front desk customers (i.e. visitors, employees, internal office staff).
- Files and faxes correspondence and other records, as well as making copies of correspondence and/or other printed materials as needed.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including routing incoming mail, as well as compiles, composes and types memos, routine correspondence, statistical reports and other documents.
- Assist with all general administrative functions such as mailings, faxing, filing, and material routing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a large diverse population.
- Monitoring and ordering office supply inventory and upkeep of office machines.
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with all internal and external customers, suppliers and vendors
- Able to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels of executive, management and staff.
- Assist and coordinate any special projects as needed.
- Assist management staff with meeting coordination and distribution of information as needed.
- Organize travel/arrangements for WRR participants at all corporate emergency response schools
- Enters SAP requisitions for contract services and materials/enters purchase order job requisitions
- Completes and files expense reports.
- Audit invoices and orders to validate actual orders received match charges. Communicate issues promptly with uniform vendor.
- Manages documentation retention compliance area for both emergency response and security operations.
- Conduct data entry operations for a number or emergency response, fire protection and security projects
- Conduct data entry and produce reports in specialized software systems including bar code system, security badging system, training and incident reporting system, pre-plan system and similar
- Schedules and tracks inspection and preventive maintenance tasks for fixed and mobile fire protection, security and emergency response equipment
- Coordinates updates of maps and drawings with drafting department
- Generates monthly KPI metrics and other scorecard/key performance information
- Maintains Department contact lists and action item lists
- Maintain intranet emergency response and security organization web pages
- Support first aid, random drug testing and respiratory protection programs
- Assists with onboarding of new employees (i.e. office set-up, IT, badging, PPE, etc.), coordinates recognition items and lunches, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and manage legal hold orders.
- Screening and recruitment of candidates for field positions.
- Assist with coordination of interview process, committee, and scheduling of all attendees.
- Conduct background checks for new hires and current employees requiring MVR or criminal history updates.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation processing and paperwork.
- Create employee personnel files.
- Responsible for copying and updating employee certifications in the appropriate databases and files.
- Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Successfully completes all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Maintain a clean appearance and courteous, professional and ethical behavior.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation (some operations require overtime). Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours.
- Proven ability to handle a high level of client interaction.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills a must.
- Proven proficiency with the following software; MS-Office Suite, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Publisher, MS-Outlook, Google Calendar.
- Ability to learn and use specialized software systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate ability to partner with others and build relationships.
- Ability to work well and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-project environment.
- Ability to work within a diverse work group that included employees from different employers
- Must work well under pressure.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three or more years administrative assistant work experience.
- Experience in SAP
- Experience in emergency service, security and/or healthcare field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Occasionally: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, may lift and carry no more than 50 pounds.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying no more than 10 pounds, typing 40 wpm, stooping,
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, and typing.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, clerical, decision making.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Occasionally: Multi-media equipment for training purposes, voice recorder tape system
Frequently: Use Company and/or personal owned vehicle for business purpose
Constantly: Telephone, computer and/or typewriter, mouse, keypad, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, postage machine, fax, scanner, cell phone and/or blackberry, laminating machine, and printer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others.