Emergency Medical Technician
Job Location: Salinas
*We are accepting applications at this time only"
SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- EMT CA State License **
- California Drivers License
- CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
- Ambulance Drivers License
- Medical Examiners Certificate
**In order for you to be considered for an interview you MUST at the least have your CA EMT State License attached to your application for the Hiring Manager to review, otherwise your application will be rejected. **
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License, Ambulance Driver’s License, and Medical Examiners Certificate. Current state of California EMT Certification. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
AMR Driving Policy:
Driving record must be in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving Policy. (Proof will be required if a verbal contingent offer is made.)
You will be required to successfully complete a Physical Ability Test and Drug Screening (external applicants) if provided a job offer.