POSITION: Paramedic Internship, Full-Time
LOCATION: Santa Barbara, CA*
*Please note that incumbents could be asked to work in both North or South Santa Barbara County, depending on current business needs.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED PARAMEDIC PROGRAM?
Full-Time Sponsored Paramedic Internship Opportunities Available!
Paramedic Interns will be hired as an EMT Basic and assigned to a Paramedic Preceptor to complete the Field Internship phase of our program. Upon successful completion of the internship and certification/accreditations, Interns will be moved to a Paramedic position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care including ALS and BLS medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization, and transport.
- Responds to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury.
- Maintains scene control and manages/directs patient care during a pre-hospital emergency.
- Acts as a patient advocate to ensure compassionate and clinically sound care is provided.
- Provides training and instruction to allied agencies and the public.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Immediately reports any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Resume + Letter of Recommendation from Paramedic Course Instructor
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- CA Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, & PALS Cards
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving Policy (proof will be required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a Physical Ability Test (lift, drag, hoist, and carry equipment and other heavy objects).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read/interpret/follow instructions, and perform essential job functions as required.