POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Full-Time
LOCATION: Santa Barbara, CA*
*Please note that incumbents could be asked to work in both North or South Santa Barbara County, depending on current business needs.
The mission and purpose of an AMR Paramedic is to compassionately deliver high-quality service as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring, and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advanced patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements. Assess each call situation to determine best course of action.
- Communicate with patients, family members, dispatch, and medical staff/facilities to provide critical information & ensure that AMR is meeting customer needs. Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including (but not limited to) defibrillators, EKG monitors, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, and CPR.
- Safely operate an ambulance and provide map-reading support to minimize call response time. Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keeping it clean and stocked for optimal efficiency.
- Document activities regarding patient care and billing to ensure appropriate information is available for each call.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR's image and establish strong community relations.
- Adhere to all company policies/procedures and maintain all required Paramedic certifications.
- Perform other Paramedic duties as assigned.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- CA State Paramedic Card
- CA Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association Certifications:
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, BTLS/PHTLS
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some advanced education preferred.
- Past work experience in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (including, but not limited to: lifting, carrying, dragging, walking, and balance).
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye & skin coloration due to patient's condition and treatment administered.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
- Driving Record must be in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
#EMSJOBS_PA #Paramedic #AMR #Ambulance #911 #Emergency #ALS #Medic #Patient Care #Transport #EMS #Healthcare #SavingLives #MakingADifference #NREMT